Brush Guards for me are very important,I use these after I have cleaned my brushes because they keep the shape of the brushes while they dry and keeps them from dust. There are brush guards available in the market and you can get them from Dollface Cosmetics CLICK HERE.
But if you wanna save your money and you dont mind doing a little work I can show you how made my own brush guards.
I used two of the same exact brushes in this photo. As you can see, the hair on brush that had the brush guard on while drying are more compact and is more dense than that of the brush that didn't have the brush guard on.
Here's the step-by-step guide:
You will need:
- Anti slip mat (some place mats look like this) Php. 88.00 at Daiso
- Thread and Needle
1) Lay the brush on top of the mat to see how long you want the brush guard to be.
2) Cut out the desired width of the brush guard,
and wrap it around the brush to see the length of mat you have to use.
3) Cut the final piece that you will use.
4) Make sure its not too tight or loose, so the brush can easily slip in and out.
5) Sew the ends together to create its cylindrical shape.
And its done!!
These will really help your brushes maintain its shape, and the water can still evaporate because the anti slip mat has small whole on it.
I hope this has helped and gave you and idea on how to take care of your brushes :D
Thank you so much for reading!
Have a wonderful day!
With much love,