DIY: Brush Guard

Brush Guards for me are very important,I use these after I have cleaned my brushes because they keep the shape of the brushes while they dry and keeps them from dust. There are brush guards available in the market and you can get them from Dollface Cosmetics CLICK HERE.

But if you wanna save your money and you dont mind doing a little work I can show you how made my own brush guards.

I used two of the same exact brushes in this photo. As you can see, the hair on brush that had the brush guard on while drying are more compact and is more dense than that of the brush that didn't have the brush guard on.

Here's the step-by-step guide:

You will need:
- Anti slip mat (some place mats look like this) Php. 88.00 at Daiso
- Scissors
- Thread and Needle

STEP 1
1) Lay the brush on top of the mat to see how long you want the brush guard to be.

Step 2
2) Cut out the desired width of the brush guard, 
and wrap it around the brush to see the length of mat you have to use.

Step 3
3) Cut the final piece that you will use.

Step 4
4) Make sure its not too tight or loose, so the brush can easily slip in and out.

Step 5
5) Sew the ends together to create its cylindrical shape.

And its done!!
These will really help your brushes maintain its shape, and the water can still evaporate because the anti slip mat has small whole on it.

I hope this has helped and gave you and idea on how to take care of your brushes :D
Thank you so much for reading!
Have a wonderful day!
Take care!

With much love,
Steph-G

Comments

  1. useful and nice DIY stephy!~love it! THOUGH i DON'T HAVE LOTS OF MAKE UP BRUSHES LIKE YOU DO HHEHEE

    ReplyDelete
  2. this post is very helpful steph! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so amazing! i've been wanting to get brush guards but this one is cheaper and more convenient since i dont have to order them online and wait for it :) thanks alot for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. very informative...it is really indeed important to take care of our brushes since they are expensive...:)


    xx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, brushes can be expensive and it breaks my heart seeing them out of shape..

      Delete
  5. I was on the internet a couple of days ago looking for covers for all my brushes because they're always so annoying so thanks for sharing this amazing idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great idea! Thanks for sharing!! :)

    Would you like to follow each other?

    Xx, Saritschka.

    http://saritschka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So useful post, sweety!

    Kisses,

    Nicole

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
  8. super super super great tip and suggestion!!! I am so going to try this out!! I am so glad I get to see this post~ what makes it so nice is I can customize the shape depending on how I want it..super nice =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really interesting! I didn't know about brush guards!
    http://namelessfashionblog.blogspot.it/
    http://www.facebook.com/NamelessFashionBlog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe.. Glad I gave you an Idea about brush guuards!

      Delete
  10. Thank you for this one!! and thanks for following my blog.. New follower here:)

    http://eyahnism.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super great idea sis! ;) love it!

    by the way i just followed you. Mind to follow back?
    www.keezandmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is really helpful! :) Great tip, babe!! <3

    Gem
    gemnikkaonthego.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Helpful blog sis! I'll try to find that thing! Thanks sis!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment