Nail Care Tips According to Nail Expert Ji Baek

 


I have the book Rescue Your Nails by author Ji Baek for years and I have learned a great deal from her. I'm going to share what I've learned in this post and future blog posts. Nail art is a hobby of mine but first and foremost I have to take care of the nails I will be painting on. Here are some tips from the book the book has taught me:

1. TAKE YOUR VITAMINS
Make sure you have enough vitamin B, iron, calcium and protein in your diet since nails are keratin-based.

2. MOISTURIZE AND HYDRATE
Not only do you moisturize your skin and hair but your nails need that too. If your nails are too dry it will lead to cracking and splitting.

3. KEEPS YOUR NAILS CLEAN
It is very easy to see dirt under your nails most especially if you want to keep them long. When you wash your hands always clean underneath the nails.

4. FILE YOUR NAILS
You want your nails to have an even shape whether it be short or long.

5. TAKE CARE OF YOUR TOOLS
To prevent any unwanted infections make sure you STERILIZE, SANITIZE, and STORE your tools every after use. 

6.  TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS
When you think that you or your nail technician is doing something wrong or you feel any pain stop immediately.

7. IF IT CHIPS TAKE IT OFF
Don't ruin the look with chipped nails, you can easily have a clean look with a little nail polish remover.

8. DON'T BE AFRAID OF TRENDS BUT DON'T BE A SLAVE TO IT
It's nice to try something new so go ahead and get out of your usual nude tone shades, but on the other hand if there's something really trendy going about you don't have to do it if you don't like it.


source: Rescue Your Nails by Ji Baek

Comments

  1. I guess I fail in the point to hydrate
    Thanks for these good tips
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment